Lumbar Spine, SI joints and Pelvis: an online workshop with Dr. Ariele Foster of YogaAnatomyAcademy.com.
Part lecture, part practice and part discussion, this workshop is designed to elevate the anatomic and biomechanical understanding of yoga teachers and practitioners in a practical and functional way.
- Learn the bony structure as well as basic muscle, fascia and other soft tissue structures of the lumbar spine, sacroiliac joints and pelvis.
- Make sense of the biomechanics – the kinematics (visible movements) and arthrokinematics (joint level movements) in the context of yoga asana and functional movement
- Explore the role of the lumbar spine and the sacrum in vinyasa, standing and seated poses
- Practice safety strategies for a variety of conditions, for a variety of bodies
- Prepare students and ourselves for true breakthroughs (physical, knowledge-based or other!)
- Walk away with new insights to apply to your own body and your teaching and keep your practice sustainable, and you health and happy.
This workshop is geared toward yoga teachers, but welcomes all dedicated yoga practitioners.
Your instructor, Dr. Ariele Foster, is a physical therapist, interdisciplinary yoga teacher since 2001, and founder of YogaAnatomyAcademy.com
- 10am-11:30 - Lecture + Movement
- 11:30-11:45am Break
- 11:45am-1:15pm - Lecture + Movement + Questions
Platform: we'll use Zoom to connect.